Strategic Bombers Over the Reich

 The bombers have finally been finished, all 12 of them. With these done, I’ve finished painting up all of my planes for Bag the Hun from Pico Armor, and I definitely think the best we’ve saved for last. As I’ve said before, everything from Pico was fantastic, but I definitely feel the modeling and detailing on the B-17s was above fantastic. My cleanup and paint job don’t begin to do it justice, but I’m certainly pleased with how they came out.

I decided to paint them in the classic olive color because I think that looks better than silver on the tabletop, plus that blends with the rest of my American planes. I gave the 17s red flash on their wingtips and attempted to give them some unique markings in the way of radio call letters and the like. Those didn’t turn out great, but they’re sufficient that I can tell which plane is which in the middle of a combat box. 

B-17G of some Bombing Squadron

I’ve just used a chunk of these in a Bag the Hun game following the 33rd, so I hope to get that up soon. The sight of 8 of these rumbling down the length of the table was one to behold! My wife and I have had family visiting, so not a lot of progress. In fact, I finished these B-17s probably a week or two ago and already played the next game in my Squadron Forward campaign. With some luck, I’ll be able to decipher my game notes and turn them into a proper AAR in the near future.


Caleb

Comments